About Insured Life
Insured life is the trading name of PBS & Co (UK) Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation under the firm license number: 732728. In respect of your data, Insured Life is responsible for the personal information it holds about you for sales, administration of policies and for any marketing purposes.
We take the privacy and security of your personal information seriously. Your information will be properly managed and protected by us. Please read this notice carefully as it explains how Insured Life and/or carefully selected third parties we work with collect and use your personal information.
Personal Information and what we hold
When you register with our website, we ask, as part of your application, for certain information in order to provide you with a policy to meet your needs. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
• Assist us in processing your Application for Life, Health, Income Protection or Critical Illness insurances
• Enable us to make contact with you regarding your application
• Provide you with an efficient and reliable service
• Processing funds
• To verify your identity in accordance with the money laundering regulations
• Reviewing your cover
• Claims handling
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• About you – for example name, age, gender, date of birth, nationality. We need this information to help us identify you, but also to allow us to contact you should we need to review or revisit any details on your policy.
• Contact information – for example email, address, postcode and phone numbers
• Online information – for example cookies and IP address (your computer’s internet address)
• Financial information – for example salary to help us determine the right product for you or to bank details to secure your policy with the chosen insurer.
• Audio recordings –When you contact us calls are recorded for monitoring purposes. This is to help us monitor the quality of the advice you are given, and to improve our service
• Contractual information – for example details about your products and benefits
• Family & beneficiaries information – for example marital status, next of kin or nominated beneficiaries.
• Health information such as smoker status or medical related issues
Controlling your marketing preferences
You will be asked if you’d like to opt-in or opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from Insured life and any of our carefully selected partners. This is recorded on our customer database.
We will only send marketing communications to you via the preferences you’ve chosen and regularly make the appropriate checks.
Methods of communication for marketing will typically be (but not limited to); phone, email, text message, post.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Retaining your personal information
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to meet the purposes outlined in this notice provided to you. We’ll keep your personal information in accordance with our internal retention policies. We’ll determine the length of time we keep it for based on the minimum retention periods required by Financial Conduct Authority regulation and law.
If any information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to request this to be amended.
• Access – you have the right to request a copy of information that we hold about you
• Rectification – You have the right to correct data that we hold about you
• Right to be Erased – In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased
• Restriction processing – where certain conditions apply the right to restrict the processing
• Portability – you have the right to transfer any data we hold about you
• Object – you have the right to object to certain type of processing such as direct marketing
Our aim is at all times to provide you with an excellent service. However, if you are unhappy with our service for any reason, please contact our Customer Services Team via email at email@example.com
Upon receipt of your complaint a dedicated complaint handler will contact you via telephone and or by email so we can resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
While we would always aim to complete an investigation within eight weeks, if, for any reason, our investigation is not concluded within this period, we will write to you again.
We will also inform you of your right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and you must do so within six months if not satisfied.
The Financial Ombudsman Service at Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR; Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.