National Friendly Life Insurance
National Friendly has been working in the community to offer care & protection since 1868 – based from their head office in Clifton, Bristol.
Why National Friendly?
Our specialists here at Insured-Life can help you navigate the variety of products offered by Legal & General and guide you through their application process to make the road to protection as smooth as possible.
The Guaranteed Life Plan is a whole of life policy. It will pay out a fixed sum of money, known as the ‘sum assured’, if:
- you die after the first two years of the policy; or
- you die in the first two years of the policy, under our definition of accidental death
You won’t have to tell us about your health but you must tell us if you are a smoker or non-smoker because this will affect the range of sums assured available to you.
Am I eligible?
If you are a UK resident and either a non-smoker aged between 50-80 years old or a smoker aged between 50-75 years old, you are guaranteed to be accepted – there are no questions about your health.
How could it help your family?
This policy could help those who need a sum of money after your death. Leaving behind a lump sum could make a big difference to your loved ones by:
- Helping to pay towards your funeral costs – the average cost of a funeral in the UK has risen from £2,168 to £4,271 in the past 12 years – a rise of 97% (Sun Life Cost of Dying Report 2018)
- Helping to pay outstanding bills or credit cards – the average debt per UK household, for credit cards alone, stands at £2,655 (The Money Statistics May 2019 Full Report)
- Leaving a cash legacy to your loved ones – put it towards education, something special or to help them get a start in life.
Why should I choose National Friendly Guaranteed Over 50s Life Plan?
- Choice of monthly premiums – depending on your budget.
- Choice of cash lump sum – depending on the amount you wish to leave behind and the monthly premiums you want to pay.
- Guaranteed acceptance – no medical questions. If you are a UK resident and either a non-smoker aged between 50-80 years old or a smoker aged between 50-75 years old, you are guaranteed to be accepted.
- Accidental death – if you die following an accident during the first two years of your policy and death is within 90 days of the accident as a result of your injuries, we will pay out the cash lump sum.
- Non-accidental death – we will pay a cash lump sum on your death once you’ve had the policy for at least two years. If you die within the first two years other than the result of an accident, we will pay back 150% of the premiums you have paid to date.
- Beneficiary options – you can nominate a beneficiary (or beneficiaries) to receive up to £5,000 upon death, or the policy can be placed in trust.
- Excellent customer service – sympathetic approach from our helpful staff.
- Simple claims process – your claimant will complete and return a form to National Friendly together with any additional information we need. Once approved, National Friendly will pay the cash lump sum without further ado.
Helping you make sound
Compare All These Providers
Losing a loved one is never easy…
but having life insurance in place can ease the financial burden at an emotionally difficult time. Our team of protection specialists can help you find the RIGHT policy at the RIGHT price. We even help you put your policy into TRUST for FREE which could protect it from the TAXMAN. Simply fill out the form and we will get everything ready and start preparing your quotes.
- Who would pay the rent or mortgage if you were to pass away suddenly?
- Who would pay your children’s university fees or provide money for childcare whilst your surviving partner goes out to work?
- Who would provide the money for your family’s food, clothing or lifestyle?
- Who would pay for your funeral or clear your debts?
These are just a few things to think about when obtaining life insurance. If you pass away the policy will pay out a lump sum to your family, loved ones or whomever you choose to get the money. This can be used to secure the financial future of your loved ones meaning they would not have to struggle in the event of your death.
We don’t talk to people like they’re just a number
Our expert advisers help people make informed decisions through expert financial advice.
Get Covered in 3 Easy Steps
Tell us how much money you would need to financially protect your loved ones
We will call you to discuss your options and provide comprehensive free quotes
You decide which policy to take and get protected today with no medicals or forms
We Provide Complete Cover For:
Make sure your family have financial security in the event of your passing…
Protect your income if you’re unable to work due to illness or injury…
Get a lump sum payment if you’re diagnosed with a serious illness…
Enjoy Life Insurance with Rewards
You can use InsuredLife Rewards in hundreds of retailers across the UK, including all the major high street names. The benefits packages available include Digital Vouchers, Re-loadable Gift Cards, Online Cashback and Online offers.
Get covered today and access your rewards…
Frequently Asked Questions
The Financial Conduct Authority
The FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY (FCA) – is a financial regulatory body in the United Kingdom, but operates independently of the UK government, and is financed by charging fees to members of the financial services industry. The FCA regulates financial firms providing services to consumers and maintains the integrity of the UK’s financial markets. It focuses on the regulation of conduct by both retail and wholesale financial services firms.
The Financial Conduct Authority | 12 Endeavour Square London E20 1JN
Insured Life is a trading name of PBS & Co (UK) Limited (FCA Registration Number: 732728).
PBS & Co (UK) Limited 19 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, England, BH8 8GS United Kingdom.
Whose Products Do We Sell?
- We offer products from a range of insurers for life insurance and critical illness cover.
- We offer protection products from a limited number of insurers for Whole of Life and Over 50s plans. A list of insurers we offer insurance from is available on request.
- As we’re not tied to any ONE provider we are able to search our panel of insurers and find you the best price available to us.
- We sometimes get preferential rates on selling policies which we pass on to you.
- We are paid a commission by each insurer for setting up your policy – it costs you nothing to use our service.
What Service Do We Offer?
- We are authorised by the FCA to advise our client on their protection needs. Our advisers will assess your demands and needs and recommend a suitable product that will protect you and your family. We get to know our clients and help them to decide on the right cover for the right price from a panel of leading UK insurers.
- We will ask you a number of questions designed to make you think about the shortfall in your income in the event of the death of a partner or breadwinner. Our questions are simple and our advisers avoid jargon making it easy for clients to understand.
How Much Does Our Service Cost?
- NOTHING – We do not charge a fee for our service; however, if you take a policy out through us we will be paid by commission from the insurer, but it still costs you nothing.
- You will receive a quotation which will tell you about any policy premiums relating to any particular insurance policy.
- We will put your life insurance policy into TRUST for FREE – this means that it may not be counted as part of your estate when you pass away and could secure it from the taxman – why should you lose your payout to the taxman’s inheritance tax?
Who Regulates Us?
Insured Life is a trading name of PBS & Co (UK) Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation under the firm license number: 732728
Our permitted business is administering and arranging general insurance contracts. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website.
PBS & Co (UK) Limited 19 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, England, BH8 8GS.
Have a Complaint?
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
In writing: PBS & Co (UK) Limited | C/O InsuredLife Complaints Department.
19 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, England, BH8 8GS United Kingdom.
By Telephone: 0800 037 3000
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please ask us for more information.
Are We Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit.
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.